Student Living: making uni digs feel like home!
The University year starts this month, and many students will be moving away from home for the first time! With this in mind, we’ve put together some ideas of home accessories and gadgets to help them get settled in, including quirky homely touches, funky desk gadgets and handy kitchen helpers!
So, if you’re a student looking for some quirky products to personalise your new digs, or a family member/friend who is looking for a gift for a student then check out the collages below!
These quirky home accessories will help students add some personal touches to their accommodation – whether halls or in a shared house! We especially love the Umbra Hangit Desk Photo Display – you can’t drill holes in the walls for photo frames at university so this desk standing multi frame is a great alternative! Plus the Happy Jackson coaster features a phrase every student knows to be true: “I don’t get drunk, I get AWESOME!”
- T-Rex Orange Dino Lamp, £28
- Planter Bots, £13.50 each
- Karlsson Table Clock Book – Pastels, £25
- Umbra Hangit Desk Photo Display, £15
- Happy Jackson I Don’t Get Drunk Coaster, £2.95
- Red Carnival Lights, from £34 each
- Evermade Zoo Portrait Cushion – Pug, £32
- My Super Soda Pops Universe Framed Print, from £47
- Punch Bag Laundry Bag, £18.95
Sooner or later every student realises there is a element of studying in their time at university (it took us lot until Summer Term). And when this horrible realisation sets in, it’s best to have a colouful and cheerful desk space all prepped and ready for those dark days of studying and red bull! Cue oodles of funky pen pots, bookends and memo boards!
- Seriously Tropical Pineapple Pen Pots, £10 each
- Block Mini PegBoard – Light Blue, £25
- Corkboard Map, £24.95
- Newgate Cubic II Alarm Clock – Pumpkin Orange, £25
- Barefoot Table Lamp – Pink, £45
- Cactus Desktop Organiser, £12
- Alien Invasion Bookends, £15
- Suck UK Sharpener Desk Tidy, £12.95
- Campervan Magazine Rack – Red, £19
These handy kitchen accessories will help students in all of their culinary escapades! From pizza cutters to egg cups, we’ve got even the most ambitious of student chefs covered!
- Legless Corkscrew and Bottle Opener, £10
- Pit Stop Pizza Cutter – Red, £14.50
- Nessie Family Gift Set, £34.95
- Home Run Oven Glove, £8
- Utility Condiment Picnic Table, £13.50
- Snack n Stack Utensils, £12
- Splash Spoon Rest, £8
- Arthur Egg Cup and Spoon, £7.95
- Koziol Kasimir Cheese Grater, £8.90
Edit 09/09/2016: We’ve just added these jaw-some Shark Laundry Baskets to our website! These snappy chaps would be a great gift for students – and might even encourage them to ditch the floor-drobe (maybe).